BTCC on TV
BTCC on TV
The ITV network has broadcast the BTCC in the UK since 2002. The latest three-year deal sees confirmed coverage of the BTCC and support races for 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Since 2011, there has also been high definition (HD) coverage of the championship on ITV's 'ITV4 HD' channel.
ITV's package comprises live race day coverage of BTCC and support races on ITV4 plus BTCC race highlights on ITV1 and ITV4 following each event.
ITV's website itv.com also streams live race day coverage for UK audiences as well as making highlights available. There is also online coverage of BTCC qualifying on the Saturday of each event.
ITV Sport's coverage of the BTCC includes:
- Live coverage on ITV4 from 11.30am to 6.00pm each race day
- Live coverage on ITV4 HD from 11.30am to 6.00pm each race day
- Highlights programme on ITV1
- Highlights programme on ITV4
- Live-streaming of race day coverage via the itv.com website
- Replays of each highlights programme for 30 days after via the 'ITV Player'
- Highlights all season of every race via the 'race archive' at www.itv.com/touringcars
- Live coverage of BTCC qualifying online at www.itv.com/touringcars
Commentators (BTCC): Tim Harvey, David Addison
Pitlane: Louise Goodman, Simon Hill
Anchor: Steve Rider, Louise Goodman
Commentators (support races): Simon Hill, Richard John Neil
David Addison joins Tim Harvey in 2013 BTCC commentary box (28th February 2013)
Toby Moody joins ITV's BTCC commentary team (18th February 2012)
ITV confirms HD BTCC coverage from 2011 (9th October 2010)
Rider remains at helm of ITV4's BTCC coverage (18th May 2010)
Extended TV coverage for BTCC - with new presenters (19th March 2009)